Elrond Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of our newly opened Multi-Theft-Auto Server

Homeelrond-HomepageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSite Donation

FAQ

Go down 
+4
S2H
killer-007
FinalHunter
Elrond
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Elrond
Admin
Admin

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: FAQ   FAQ EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:43 pm

FAQ

What is the Elrond Server?

The Elrond Server is a server in MTA, which is a multiplayer mod for the PC game, GTA San Andreas. You can obtain the mod at http://multitheftauto.com/.

Who owns the server?

I own the server in that it's hosted on my computer, but in any other sense of the word 'ownership' I would say that our regular players are the owners of the server. Without them the server wouldn't live! In fact it would soon wither away and die a miserable lonely death.

What is the point of the server?

I started the server as a side thing from when we get tired of playing in SAES server (for me,rare!). The point of the server has become simply to play how you feel like playing and have fun. Votemode and votemap commands are always available to player if they want to switch gamemode.

Usually the freeroam resource is put on by me or an admin. I like freeroam as it gives our players freedom to go about their way. Some players will choose to RPG and others deathmatch and others explore together, or a combination of these things. Freeroam is quite popular with our players.
Sometimes we do team deathmatches, races, fallout, hay, assault, and all that crazy stuff. Variety is good.

These are all resources which came freely with the server, or are openly distributed on the MTA site. None of these so far are uniquely made by us. Anyone can host the server with the same stuff if they like, just follow the tutorial at the development site.

How can I join the server?

Always check the chatbox archives. In there I announce whether the server is online and if so, the IP address and port needed to connect with. While in MTA you must click 'Quick Connect' and enter these details. The port always stays the same, 22004. My IP address always changes, which is why adding the server to your favorites list will not work. You must always check this forum's chatbox or on ask me on MSN to obtain the address. If you have an idea for a faster method of notification, then please do suggest it.

What are the rules of the server?

There are no rules in particular, just use your common sense.
All languages may be spoken.

Do you have an unanswered question? Post it here.

Last edited by Elrond on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:08 am; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
FinalHunter
members
members
FinalHunter

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:52 pm

I have a question. Why host a server when you have the inability to keep it up and running a majority of the time. The Elrond Server is barely online, and when it is you are never there. I do not see the logic on having someone script a server you cannot keep running. If it were me I would give it up. As it appears you only continue to periodically put the Elrond Server up because it is the only place you have admin powers. It also seems that most admins were chosen off nearly no logic whatsoever. I don't understand how you can give people power in a server that is easily ruined with that power, you have not chosen to interview anyone(at least in my knowledge of the sitution). I don't exactly understand what you are doing here. Running an effective server seems like the top priotiry to you, yet if someone rated you on this factor from 1 to 10. You would receive a 4, mainly because of the servers downtime.
Back to top Go down
Elrond
Admin
Admin

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 4:57 pm

Thank you for telling me your honest opinion. I'm sorry about the server downtime,but I see it as just a little side server and nothing that big. SAES is the main server to play on, so play there most of the time! It's much better I think. I see this as a little side server to have fun when we get a bit bored of the SAES RPG (which is rare for me). Everyone enjoys variety.

The people who are admins are people who I trust because they're friends. You say I have not interviewed them, that's true. But I have passively assessed them constantly while on SAES, and they are mostly all friendly, cool people, unless I have made a misjudgment. I met most of them through the SAES server and you too. I want to have lots of admins, I like the idea of the power being with the people. Players should be able to control their game and have fun. Having admin gives them the free reign.

When you say that admin is ruining the server, how do you mean? IF there is anyone specifically abusing the admin panel tell me and I'll sort them out!

It's true that I'm rarely seen on my own server, the main reason is that I love SAES. I find my own server extremely boring compared to SAES. But I do pop in now and again when I'm bored of SAES.

Again I'm sorry but I never intended this as a full time server, obviously it's very limited hosted on my home computer and makes me lagged when I put it on. I can't be bothered paying for a full time server and don't see the reason why, when we have SAES to play on! V2 is coming soon and it will make things much better.
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 am

FinalHunter wrote:
I have a question. Why host a server when you have the inability to keep it up and running a \yet if someone rated you on this factor from 1 to 10. You would receive a 4, mainly because of the servers downtime.
i would say a 10
not just because of the server but i think elrond is a really col guy Very Happy

Last edited by killer-007 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://elrond.forumotion.net
S2H
members
members

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 3:01 am

in my opinion, elrond server is way better than SAES(mostly because of tuna), as long as there are enough players willing to RPG.
the possibilities are limitless!
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 am

should i add those questions to the excisiting FAQ??

EDIT: just did it Razz u can find it at the help button
Back to top Go down
tim
Admin
Admin

Location : Sussex, England, United Kingdom, Europe, The World, The Milky way, The Galaxy, Space

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:30 am

tbh i find tuna annoying too, hes so up himself lol. If TJT gets more members, we are debating whether or not to rent out a server, where it will be hosting MTA JKA and also teamspeak. It would be maintained by professional IT technicians and most importantly it would be on 24/7.
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-jteam.co.uk
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:35 am

omfg more rules to add >.<
Back to top Go down
Elrond
Admin
Admin

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:40 am

Don't badmouth Tuna.
He's one of the coolest people ever when you get to know him.
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:43 am

lol...

btw added those rules Wink
Back to top Go down
Ivan(BG)
members
members
Ivan(BG)

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 am

lol coolest players??!! ronseal is way better!
oh and where can i get jka online?
Back to top Go down
FinalHunter
members
members
FinalHunter

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 5:40 pm

killer-007 wrote:
FinalHunter wrote:
I have a question. Why host a server when you have the inability to keep it up and running a \yet if someone rated you on this factor from 1 to 10. You would receive a 4, mainly because of the servers downtime.
i would say a 10
not just because of the server but i think elrond is a really col guy Very Happy

I was rating the server not Elrond. Elrond is a friend Razz
Back to top Go down
katilemre
members
members

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 11:53 am

yea final, you're right, server ping is too high :-/ i am connecting in Turkey, my ping is 300 between 600 Sad
swedish internet connection is not good(don't think i want to say ''server is bad'', i want just say ermm.......
server can be more speedy Smile )
Back to top Go down
Jack
members
members
Jack

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:46 am

Ivan(BG) wrote:

Aytek rocks!!!!!!! one of my favourite admins...... well sub admin
Back to top Go down
Jack
members
members
Jack

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 am

tim wrote:
tbh i find tuna annoying too, hes so up himself lol. If TJT gets more members, we are debating whether or not to rent out a server, where it will be hosting MTA JKA and also teamspeak. It would be maintained by professional IT technicians and most importantly it would be on 24/7.

Tims 1million and 1 percent right that Tunas annoying, he kicked me jsut becuase i was standing out side the PD, doing a bind. I was binding Join TJT in colour then "you have been kicked by [SAES]Tuna Dont hang around the PD...... I musent of seen his text.
Back to top Go down
Jack
members
members
Jack

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 12:51 am

Ivan(BG) wrote:
Poo.com.... not really ask tim or Ant cause im not sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FAQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQ   FAQ Empty

Back to top Go down

FAQ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elrond Server :: GENERAL :: General-
Jump to: