Elrond Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of our newly opened Multi-Theft-Auto Server

Homeelrond-HomepageSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inSite Donation

script suggestions

Go down 
+4
IceyTruth
katilemre
Elrond
killer-007
8 posters
AuthorMessage
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 9:45 am

here are a few sugestions

disable minigun and some other heavy weapons and vehilcles from freeroam gui

buying houses/cars

and there was something else but cant remember

greetz,
killer-007
Back to top Go down
https://elrond.forumotion.net
Elrond
Admin
Admin

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 10:50 am

Will do that, thanks.
Which other weapons/vehicles specifically do you want removed from Freeroam?
The housing and buying cars stuff will take quite some time for me to learn to do, but all in due time I'm sure
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 11:48 am

errmmmm maybe both of the rocket launchers and maybe hyda
Back to top Go down
Elrond
Admin
Admin

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Done. Note: admins can still use freeroam to create any weapons they like.
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 2:39 pm

an some other ideas
a random fire script..
and vehicles on the map so they will be saved

EDIT: good work woth the freeroam
Back to top Go down
Elrond
Admin
Admin

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 6:45 am

I'll look into that, thanks.
Back to top Go down
katilemre
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 am

random fire??it really good but ermm.......
i think you want to say something explosive in somewhere, beacuse how can you random fires on somewhere???adding some points to fire???don't think so
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 12:32 pm

onhly had the idea they mayy figure it out :p
Back to top Go down
IceyTruth
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:18 pm

Ok so i was brain storming with a friend about this the other week, I really don't know how much is theasable for someone to script but i'll tell you anyways Razz
So I feel the economy of the game is one of the key things that will keep players coming back to the server and feel like they are accomplishing something (rather than just deathmatch etc). The [SAES] server i've found fun but i feel that because the easiest way to get money is by going cops that there are way too many about, criminals really struggle to get cash apart from the retieving goods mission. Limo/cab drivers just get jacked when they are playing thier correct roles therefore they can struggle to earn cash.

What i'm suggesting is something like this.....have the server with all the different classes as you would expect but make it more active with a better reward system. For example, add in a mission where criminals can rob a bank. As soon as they enter the bank all cops are alerted. The longer the criminals stay in the bank the more money they get but at the same time run a higher risk the longer they stay as cops will be on thier way to arrest any criminals there. The banks at Los Santos would have a greater amount of money over time but due to most cops generally being closer, the criminals can't spend as much time there. Then obviously somewhere like Las Venturas would have a slow rate of money but criminals would have longer in the bank. The criminals instantly get 6 stars so cops get a good amount of money if they arrest them. This would keep all criminals and cops active and hopefully using a good range of the map, while giving better economy.

Possibly create a stealing car mission for criminals or something similar for civilians where you grab cars and take them back to a particular garage where you will get money for them...a rare car gets more money.

The [SAES] server allows you to buy property with your money or weapons. This is fine but it would be awesome if it was expanded on. So maybe have a reward system in place that makes you feel like you can show yourself apart from noobies. So something like pay $250,000 to be able to spawn a Turismo twice a day. This would mean the serious/long term players always have goals but something that shows they are the dogs bollocks to people that have just started out.

Sorry for the essay and as you may have guessed I fail at understanding what you can do with scripting Razz
Back to top Go down
IceyTruth
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 3:31 pm

I meant to say that if its possible adding some sort of set race into the server would be awesome. So a set race maybe from one place on the map to the other, with maybe giving whoever is entering the race a chance to bet some of thier ingame money.

If these ideas are really bad just say and i'll stop posting them ^^
Back to top Go down
Elrond
Admin
Admin

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:53 am

Thank you so much for these ideas, it must have taken some time to write all that out.

I'm sure it's all possible via scripting, of course we have a long way to go. Not even an arrest script has been scripted yet... farao
Back to top Go down
S2H
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:41 am

cant we et SAES scripts and use those as a base for our own?
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:57 am

ermmm the SAES scripts are unreadable (as far as i can see)
Back to top Go down
LoKKaaS
LoKKaaS

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:58 am

Dont think that they give their own scripted Scripts to us... I think they made everything them selfe and they are proud of it .. so dont think that will work .. But a questiont doesnt cost anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 8:02 am

Okay I will ask them if I can get the scripts or maybe only a few like wanted stars and arresting .. dont want that LoKKaaS gets banned so I Will ask..

Edit: elephant

Last edited by LoKKaaS on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dont want to risk a ban ROFL!)
Back to top Go down
LoKKaaS
LoKKaaS

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:49 am

Oh okay cool thanks hope at least they can give some tips to you..elephant
Back to top Go down
katilemre
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 am

LoKKaaS wrote:
Dont think that they give their own scripted Scripts to us... I think they made everything them selfe and they are proud of it .. so dont think that will work .. But a questiont doesnt cost anything Very Happy

lol, broph is in MTA HQ (mta founders) xD
and maybe they will give us some script but i don't think they do that :-/
Back to top Go down
killer-007
Admin
Admin
killer-007

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 am

maybe try to make a remote admin...
Back to top Go down
tim
Admin
Admin

Location : Sussex, England, United Kingdom, Europe, The World, The Milky way, The Galaxy, Space

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptySun Nov 23, 2008 4:43 am

"remote admin" is built in- its web admin, its just a matter of me getting round to fiddling with it and me telling you how to do it Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.the-jteam.co.uk
[GSA]CJ
members
members
[GSA]CJ

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 4:15 pm

one word:LOL elephant
Back to top Go down
http://www.NOWEBHERE.com
Elrond
Admin
Admin

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 6:37 am

Remote admin can be accessed when the server is online.

Simply type this address into your web browser: [serverip]:22005 - For example: 83.233.169.160:22005 . Then login with your details.
Back to top Go down
katilemre
members
members

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions EmptyFri Dec 12, 2008 7:53 am

is it really work?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

script suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: script suggestions   script suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

script suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Elrond Server :: GENERAL :: Suggestions-
Jump to: